Ocala Elder Law Attorney
As a person ages, there are unique legal issues that need to be considered both by the elderly person and their loved ones. At the Law Offices of Shea A. Fugate, P.A., our Ocala elder law attorney can provide you with representation as you face numerous elder law issues. Call our law firm today for the support and recognition you need.
Our Ocala Elder Law Services
We provide a wide range of elder law services to our clients and their loved ones throughout Ocala. These include, but are not limited to:
- Forming and updating estate plans. For elderly persons who have not already created an estate plan, doing so is of the utmost importance. Our lawyers can help you to draft or amend an estate plan focused on the following:
- Powers of attorney. Powers of attorney, which provide another person (agent) with the legal authority to make decisions on the behalf of the elderly person, are essential. Financial powers of attorney and healthcare powers of attorney are the two most common types.
- Advanced directives. An advanced directive, also known as an advanced healthcare directive or living will, provide guidance and directions for medical care. For example, these directives can be used to outline what a person’s wishes are regarding palliative care, organ donation, and life-saving measures.
- Last will and testament. A last will and testament, or will, provides information about who is to administer the estate, how debts are to be paid, and how assets should be distributed to beneficiaries.
- Long-term care planning. For many elderly persons, thinking about long-term care becomes essential. Our lawyers can help you to form a long-term care plan.
- Elder and nursing home abuse representation. In addition to estate planning assistance, we also provide representation for elderly persons who have been victims of elder abuse, either by someone in the home or a caretaker, or within a nursing home or long-term care facility. Please call us if you suspect that your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse.
- When other legal measures, such as powers of attorney, healthcare surrogates, etc. are insufficient to provide for someone’s needs, the court may give one person the power to make decisions for another in a process known as guardianship. Call us today to learn more about guardianship laws in our state.
In addition to the above, we can also provide legal advice related to the formation of trusts, the probate process, and estate disputes.
Reach Out to Our Ocala Family Law Attorneys Today
For elderly persons and their loved ones, there often comes a point when working with a skilled elder law attorney is recommended. At the Law Offices of Shea A. Fugate, P.A., our Ocala elder law attorney is not only experienced, but also sensitive to what you’re going through and will represent you with compassion and attention. To learn more about our legal services and how our law firm can help, please call us today or send us a message telling us more about your needs.
Withlacoochee State Forest Ocala, Florida | Silver River Museum Ocala, Florida | Ocala National Forest Ocala, Florida | Hoggetowne Medieval Faire Ocala, Florida | Don Garlits Museum Ocala, Florida | Appleton Museum of Art Ocala, Florida
Silver Springs Ocala, FL Shores Neighborhood | Oak Run, Ocala, FL Neighborhood | Marion Oaks Ocala, FL Shores Neighborhood | Golden Ocala, Ocala, FL Neighborhood | Bellechase Ocala, FL Shores Neighborhood