Winter Park Elder Law Attorney
US Census Bureau data reveal some major demographic trends that could lead to a dramatic shift in the nation’s age profile over the next few years. By 2035, there will be 78 million individuals aged 65 years or older living in America, amounting to approximately 20 percent of the total population. For purposes of elder law and planning, these figures are notable for the elderly in Florida, those approaching retirement, and their families. There is a good chance that you will need advice on a wide array of legal topics for yourself and your loved ones.
Elder law is a core practice area at the Law Offices of Shea A. Fugate, P.A., so we are prepared to counsel you on the relevant laws, help you make informed choices about your future, and assist with essential legal tasks. Please contact our firm to set up a consultation with a Winter Park elder law attorney, and read on for an overview of our areas of representation.
Comprehensive Elder Law Legal Services
The practice area of elder law encompasses numerous different topics and legal issues that many people face as they grow older. It is important to work with our knowledgeable team for guidance regarding:
- Long-Term Planning: According to AARP, almost two-thirds of all Americans at age 65 now will need some form of long-term care at some point in their lives. The best time to lay the foundation for these services is before you need it, whether you need in-home care or skilled services at an assisted living facility.
- Medicaid Planning: If you are like most Americans, you will need financial assistance for long-term care or other needs in the future. Medicaid may be an option, but there are strict eligibility rules because it is a needs-based government program.
- Nursing Home Planning: Your options for assisted living are closely tied to Medicaid planning, with an appropriate level of care and asset protection being important considerations. There are strategies that enable you to enhance your financial situation, so you are not spending down your estate and diminishing your legacy.
Assistance with Essential Legal Tasks
Our team understands the unique issues people face as they grow older, so we want to make that transition to the next stage as smooth as possible. A Winter Park elder law attorney will help you take advantage of the key benefits of elder law planning, such as:
- Ensuring you have more choices that suit your needs and lifestyle;
- Having control over the decisions that affect you now and in the future;
- Feeling less overwhelmed by legal challenges and hurdles; and,
- Being able to pass assets to loved ones at death.
Talk to a Winter Park Elder Law Attorney About Your Needs
Whether you want to understand elder care options for yourself or someone close to you, consulting with an experienced elder law attorney is critical. For more information on our legal services, please contact the Law Offices of Shea A. Fugate, P.A. We can schedule a consultation to review your circumstances and advise you on your options.